Sunday 18 November 2018

Why It Is Wrong to Say, “I Choose My Friends, My Friends Don’t Choose Me”

Here we go again, too many silly talks everywhere. What do they mean by “I choose my friends, my friends don't choose me"? Who are you, a God? Be honest friends, how’s that sound? Absurd, I guess. Why the frowned? No, no, no, don’t tell me you’re guilty of this. Let me clear you, if you ever make the above expression in front of me, either I diplomatically counter your position or I generously bless you with a fine backhand slap just close to your mouth. Don't pray for the latter.

Seriously, who the hell do you think you are to choose and not be chosen in return? Are you an alien, a beast, a god or a superman? Even the said beings have got some clemency when it comes to the matter of choice.
.
Oh-oh! I used to know Franchise to be the right to vote and be voted for. And now, I barely know what to call this natural right to choose and be chosen. Any help?
.
That’s all right. I won’t talk much. Let’s get started and get it straight once and for all. Frankly, I think Facebook should rather teach us how becoming friends work. Inside Facebook, you sent a friend request while you stalled with every hope to get a notification that your friend request is accepted.
.
What is inclined to happen to your "sent friend request"?
.
One, some welcoming folks are likely to confirm your friend request, make acquaintance and you two are good to go.
Two, some others might just absent-mindedly stare at the 'delete request' button and make a hit.
Three, some might just overlook your friend request thereby sending it to the pending page.
Lastly, some might just confirm your friend request, strike a conversation with you, put up some goddamned terms and conditions and before you close and open your eyes, there you are, not just unfriended but blocked.
.
Clearly, all these are pointers to the independency and freewill bestowed on every living soul. So quit thinking it is always all about you when it comes to choosing of friends. The choice is mutual, the camaraderie is reciprocal.
.
Hence, drop the self-interested and egocentric attitude. And instead of saying:
.
"I choose my friends, my friends don't choose me"
.
You should rather say:
.
"I choose my friends, my friends choose me"
.
You've got to strike the balance and stop acting as if you're the Alpha and Omega.

No comments:

Post a Comment