Friday 16 November 2018

What If I Say Love Has Gone Sour?




Things have really changed. In those days when we were famished and there was no time to cook some broth, we hurried to a good restaurant. Then, restaurant was truly a place people go when they are hungry, a place people basically go to eat.

It wasn’t a place to take a girl to; a place to go for a date; a place where two love birds do fondle things. No it really wasn’t.
.
If your girl is hungry, you could have a PICNIC on some green grasses. Personally, I don't fancy the idea of having a date over a plate of food in a restaurant. C'mon buddy, that ain't romantic! What am I even saying? That’s a norm now. Damn it!
.
I’d prefer taking her for sight-seeing at the zoo, ocean side,  park or art galleries, a casual walk down some lonely streets on cool breezy evenings or maybe a quiet sit out gazing enthusiastically at the starry sky.  I love the old way.
.
I remember a time when a man would ONLY pursue a girl he truly loves & respects. He would do everything to get her to say YES. And I think the lassies loved it. They felt valued & special.
.
Today, as my friend Antia would say, “a girl will be dating but still giving out phone numbers to guys like she's a damn salesman. They say they can't trust the men anymore. Cool, but the men won't trust the women either even if a gun is pointed at them right to the face”.
.
Of course the world has greatly evolved and all we do mostly is copied the Europeans (colonial masters); their standards and manners. As much as it is pretty okay to move with the flow of things in the world let’s not also forget how it used to be.
.
Indeed, I know things do change every day, but how did we really get here? How did we?

No comments:

Post a Comment